Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When I played games with IMT: An impossible heist

IMT or Institute of Management Technology was the college from where I did my MBA. As it so happened, my scores or grades were really low and my degree/diploma was in jeopardy. My CGPA(cumulative grade point average) for the first five semesters was a mere 4.4 on a scale of 10, and I needed to achieve a GPA in excess of 7.3 in the final semester so as to secure my degree. I needed to be very alert and active so as to know when our papers had been checked, and then see to it that I had got at least what I deserved, and maybe even make a last minute request to the teachers to increase my scores. All our answer sheets were dumped onto a common table and we had to really search for our papers in the huge stack. I needed to get rid of all the unwanted sheets in the lot. Unto this direction, I, along with Yogesh Poddar( more popularly known as Y-Pod ), decided to clear that particular table of all the unwanted sheets.

And so, it started. We stayed there in the hostel, and for starters, we went to the academic block where all the papers were kept in the night at about 1a.m. We picked up all the papers, bundle by bundle, and stashed them in a green dustbin just outside the academic block. Our work was done, or so we thought.

Next evening, what we got to see was amusing, in the least. We found that all the sheets were back in their place on the table! Someone had found out the sheets in the dustbin, reported the matter, and we don't know whether it was some sweeper or who it was who actually picked the sheets out of the dustbin, and put them back on their place.

So, we just set about our task in a more meticuluous manner for the second time. This time, we knew that the risk was greater of getting caught as someone could be vigilant. But nevertheless, we arranged a huge bag in which we had to put in the papers, and went to the place at around 2a.m. We put in all the papers, and were halfway through when I realized that my cellphone was missing! But we had to first get the bag and the sheets out of sight. So we first got the behemoth of a bag to Yogesh's room ( which was on a tiring second floor) , and I first went to my room to check if my cellphone was there, but it was not. So we had no choice but to got to the academic block once more, and Yogesh sent many a bell to my phone from there. Then on the way back we were again stopping every meter and sending a bell. Then finally, after much effort, and some luck, we found my phone in the dark at a place where myself and Yogesh had switched sides on lifting the bag( It was a big bag and two persons were needed to lift it).

Even after this much trouble, there still was the trouble of where to keep the papers. We could not simply throw them away, as we could not leave anything to the element of uncertainty. Even in our room, it was some trouble as someone could probably find out. Anyhow, Yogesh lived in a single room, and we kept the troublesome junk under his bed, in a kabaadiwallah(junkdealer) like bag, so that no one would notice.

We disposed of the litter only when we we got our degrees and marksheets, safely in hand.

4 comments:

  1. Good one Kulraj....u write really well....interesting stuff u hv there....
    keep rocking man..

    Raman Sallaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Raman
    keep watching this space.
    and my other blog as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahaha old times it was funny expereince kulraj

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete